This is certainly going to be the strangest Mother’s Day in quarantine I’ve ever had. If you’re a new mom, I promise this isn’t how it always is.
For many of us that are at home with the kiddos during this quarantine, we may actually be at our wits’ end and not super thrilled to celebrate Mother’s Day, yet again, at home with the kiddos.
Instead of a present and a celebration together most of us would opt for some precious alone. Perhaps even a morning sleep-in, a long hot shower or some toilet time alone sounds like the equivalent of diamonds right now.
A TOUGH TIME FOR MOMS DURING THIS QUARANTINE
In a recent poll on my Instagram Stories that got hundreds of responses, 67% of parents said they aren’t doing enough with their kids, 84% said they aren’t sleeping well right now and 76% said they are super tired from being home with the children.
And for many of us, we may not even be able to see our own moms this year in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Sadly and importantly, it’s been key to flatten the curve lowering the risk for older folks and those in high risk health categories.
QUARANTINE MESSAGES TO OUR MOMS FOR MOTHER’S DAY
Since many of us are not able to see our moms and the children are unable to see their grandparents, many of my followers have sent in messages they want to send their moms this quarantined Mother’s Day.
Print them, mail them, email them or text them. Receiving them will warm our moms’ hearts.
Here are the top 20 responses.
TOP 20 MESSAGES TO OUR MOMS FOR MOTHER’S DAY
- My heart left my chest the day I had my first. Now I know the sacrifice and the love.
- God knew what I needed so he sent me you, mama.
- Missing laughing so hard we fart together. Love you, mama.
- I love you and I thank God for you.
- All I can do is emulate your example. My hero, love you Momo.
- I miss your cakes, Ma.
- I dreamt the other day of a different life. But in every life, you were my mom. I’ve loved you in every lifetime.
- My days have been dull without you. You bring the sunshine.
- Mommy, mama, mom, mum, you are the love of my life.
- The kids asked about you yesterday. So we sat down and I told them the story of you. We miss you dearly.
- Thank you so much, Mom! Please quit smoking! You are worth so much more than that poison.
- I’m very thankful for being there every time I needed you and being with my kids. (emoji with heart eyes)
- Let me take your worries and shoulder them now. You’ve done it. You’ve worked your hands bloody. Sit down. Put your feet up. Rest and enjoy what you’ve created.
- Mom, the kids miss you. I miss you.
- Living life without you is boring mommy. Can’t wait ‘till this is over and we can come over.
- You are my world, my heart and my inspiration.
- Mum, you were my mom, my dad, my everything. Cheers to you mom for doing it alone.
- I weep for me, mom. We lost you too soon. I wish you could see me and see your legacy.
- My mom and I have a toxic relationship with a history of abuse. Happy Mother’s Day to me, I’m doing it differently and I’m going to break the cycle.
- I love you mom. Yesterday. Today. For always.
WISHING YOU ALL A HEALTHY HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY
It’s definitely a different time we’re living in now with the Coronavirus taking over our lives. However, I hope we manage to make the most of our time with our families this Mother’s Day.
Sending out some love to the families that are missing loved ones this Mother’s Day due to this global health crisis.
Please stay up to date with the latest on Parenting in a Pandemic (pandemic hygiene, COVID-19 myths, supporting our kids through the pandemic and behavioral challenges during this high stress time), as well as activities to do with the kiddos while they’re home.
For those of us with complex relationships with our moms, more power to you for breaking the cycle and doing things perhaps more in line with how you understand motherhood.
Take care of yourself,